The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

Praize Dust!

Quote Reply
Praize Dust!
Thank you all for your patience as you begin to see things on Praize change and begin to move around. The upgrades on the site will take time because of the load of information here and working on updating everything to be user friendly on all devices. If you have any suggestions please feel free to post them and we will work on putting those things into our list to do. We are excited to see what all God is doing here. Be blessed!
The PRAISE Team
Quote Reply
Re: [revsmull] Praize Dust! In reply to
Hello Revsmull!!

So glad you are here! Smile

We, who have loved Praize for many years, welcome you and await your updates.

One suggestion I have is to limit the forums by consolidating some of them. The forum site is too unwieldy and too hard to moderate properly and when the feed moves quick, as it has sometimes, a topic gets lost in the shuffle and may never be read or replied to.

The news feed is a plus for your members, as are the free downloads.

Please keep the TOS fairly strict, so those who take part in the discussions and debates will maintain some decorum and we can continue our civil and intelligent discourse.

Again...HOORAY!

-Jeanne
"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."

Last edited by:

jeanne53: Jul 24, 2019, 6:51 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [jeanne53] Praize Dust! In reply to
Thank you jeanne53 for your response and ideas. So glad to hear from you!
Quote Reply
Hi Revsmull.

I don't like to hide the fact that I am an atheist from those with whom I converse here. So...you might already know that I am an atheist, but this is just to make sure that you do.

I just have always felt that I should make that clear as new relationships begin. I guess you can ask Sarah (PraizeOp2) for more information about me. I have changed and mellowed over the years since I first began at Praize and if there is a place for me here under new management, I would like to stay on.

Thank you for replying to me.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
Jeanne53,

I have been recently reading your posts through the debate on trump. I at first was shocked to see you where atheist by the way you speak but I did see that. I have loved watching your debate. It is great to see people communicate like adults. I look forward to getting to know you.
By the way, this is the wife to the couple Jay and Angela. So I'm Angela!
Quote Reply
Hi Angela.

Thanks so for your kind reply. I think my profile makes it clear that I am an atheist and my posts go back to 2004, with a blog even. Praize forums rocked in those days with often raucous debate, but the Ops kept us to the TOS. And...as the years slipped by, agnostics, atheists, non-Evangelicals left...well, you know FaceBook was a big draw, but the pace of the older style message boards was more suited to me and the continued usually civil and intelligent discourse appealed, as well. Plus, I had dear friends here.

When Glenn Beck began his television show on FoxNews, I became an avid follower and still listen to his radio show and read his amazingly researched and interesting books. He was responsible for some major shifts in my thinking about Christianity and the United States, as were some voices here on Praize. Most of them have left, I have gotten older (everybody else has too) and I mellowed quite a bit.

I believe that Glenn Beck is one of the most important global voices of our early 21st Century. I know of his struggles, as he accepts what we all know; that human beings are imperfect creatures. It is the striving to make ourselves better the next day that makes us a bit more than mere creatures.

I appreciate my believing friends' faith and am thankful that they have that comfort. I feel that it is important for our nation, and marks the difference between us and Europe. I believe it is also important to the continuance of Western Civilization, which is a radical idea for most atheists. I do not believe that religion is truly important for human beings to live in harmony rather than discord, but it has most likely helped, yet hindered as well, that condition. Modern age is different and the future is always even more different.

During the past few years, Jim M., Chris, Sarah, Allen (and often James) and I have been those few, who discussed topics here. We came to know each other so well, that we knew pretty much what the other was going to write, but we still managed to get into some hot debates. Laugh

Chris and I are doing that now. There is long-time love among us, and despite my being an atheist (whom some worry about/pray for) we have a lot to talk about on other topics, as you have noticed. The thing is that we always fall back on our friendship. It is like that in my real life, too, as my best friend is a devout Evangelical Christian. It doesn't matter what we talk about or argue about, we love each other and trust each other.

Well...this went on and on. Sorry Angela. My point is that often young atheists start off as what I refer to as "rabid" behavior, but when atheists become quite confident and settled in their lack of belief, it no longer becomes necessary for them to defend it or even discuss it. Shoot, you probably know some atheists, who don't do that and don't need to. When the internet opened up a world for us and we found that there were others who thought as we did...things went wild. They still are in some places and some forums where...well, I won't go there anymore, the animus is so uncivil from all sides.

Not all atheists mellow, but I did. The place where I live is overtly Christian and the public schools are overtly Christian and nearly everyone I know, except my family and their close friends, are overtly Christian...and our country is overwhelmingly religious and mostly Christian, and I prefer Christianity to other deity beliefs...so there you are, and here I am.

If I bring a different opinion to the topics here, perhaps I have caused believers to consider that viewpoint, but it has never been my goal to persuade believers to abandon their deity belief. I just wanted to represent those atheists, who are ethical and much as Christians are in our everyday lives.

I am a Constitutional Conservative, who is a farmer, a wife, a mother, a grandmother, a homemaker, a patriot and an atheist. The least of this definition is my atheism. I find that I have much more in common with Christians than I do with other atheists, but there are many Conservative Atheists in this country, who are so tired of being tarred with the same brush as Leftist Atheists and tired of it being expected of them to want what the Left wants for America.

So...sorry, longer still. Laugh

As I just remembered to copy my post, let me warn you that sometimes something weird happens and posts don't make it to the topic. So...if you have a brilliant reply that you have worked on or a long and perfect post, make sure that you copy it before it gets lost somewhere in the ether.

Who knows? Could be faeries...

Welcome and hugs.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
Hi Jay and Angela.

Just wondering how the website rebuilding is going.

And...needing to interrupt the spambots a bit. Wink

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
Jeanne: Hi

Spambots are never interesting enough to engage in debate. That is why I have not responded of late.

I still think of you over the other side of the pond, but am out of my depth when the subject is American Politics. Both your parties seem the same to me. Republicans are Democratic and Democrats are still Republican from my British perspective. You are still the 'colony' which went AWOL. Laugh

Still praying for you, as I do all my friends, believing and also those like yourself, (unable to believe some of the nonsense taught by some religious fanatics). We all make choices about what we believe. Even true believers don't accept what they believe to be nonsense. Jesus told us to "Judge with true judgment". A true friend will not demand comliance with their own belief structure before offering support to a friend.

You have my support Jeanne. I might ask for them back one day. / Laugh \ Oh I forgot, you don't need a crutch, do you. Laugh

Regards Chris.
In Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting the message of reconciliation to us. 2 Cor. 5:19. Love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Pet.4:8b.
Quote Reply
Re: [rdrcofe] Praize Dust! In reply to
Hi Chris.

Oh my, you are in a cheery mood. Good to see it. Smile

And we do worry about y'all over there, but not so much if you successfully extricate yourselves from the EU.

I guess I did go on a bit about myself, but I really wanted Angela and Jay to know I am an atheist and a bit about me and my history here. Hoping to be accepted in some sort of category on the new site, perhaps as a curiosity. Laugh

Support is always needed. I long ago decided that the faith that believers have is not a crutch; it is part of their support structure and is usually a healthy part of being a human being. I have my support structure. It simply is not deity belief or a religion that supports that belief.

Oh that smilie with the little crutches is a cute idea.

I hope that one of our new smilies will have one that is ...ummm, puking. And a crying one, too. Maybe one blowing raspberries.

Well, you know where my emotions often take me... Crazy

I am sending you a PM. Look for it.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
Jeanne: Hi

Oh my, you are in a cheery mood. Good to see it. Smile

And we do worry about y'all over there, but not so much if you successfully extricate yourselves from the EU.

Not so cheery this morning. More perplexed by the latest Trumpery tweets and official releases.

Cancelled a trip to Denark because they won't sell Greenland to him.

Has this senile business executive finally lost it? Is senility no longer able to be ignored or covered up by his minders? Do we have an Alzheimer's case in the President's office? At least one of them seems to be according to Trumps tweets. Either the tweeter himself or the subject of his tweets is 'off his head'. Do we have a Cain Mutiny in the offing? Has Trump finally completely lost his marbles?

With BoJo the clown in No 10 over here we have the same problem. He might not be so long in the tooth but is every bit as loopy. He is running out of dead cats to throw on tables. Every interview with the press reveals more of his detatchment from reality. It has got so bad that his minders are limiting his appearances to stop him sounding off. We now seem headed for 'breXfUK' on Oct.31st and BoJo has (in the interests of Democracy), threatened to prorogue Parliament. Which means in USA terms, shut down Capital Hill, so he can force his lemming rush 'breXfUK' on the people without the inconvenience of having the representatives of the people telling him it is a stinkingly bad idea to flush the Nation down the toilet for a 'No Deal breXfUK', fools ideal. And all this after him telling us the "WE could have our cake AND eat it". The man is deranged.

We live in interesting times. Could it just be that Trump is worried that Obama will get a better reception in Denmark than he is likely to get only a few days after? So he tosses this 'dead cat of buying Greenland' on the table, knowing it will be rebutted, to give himself an excuse for cancelling his Denmark visit, and so cutting the risk of a poorer turn out than Obama might get. The man is only interested in his failing public image. International diplomacy is no longer in his skill set, it seems.

Will we ever return to the days of sane government? These two make Presidents and Prime Ministers of the past look even more competent than they probably were. Even Tricky Dicky, a Peanut Famer and Deputy UK PM Geoffrey Howe, (of whom it was said in The House that 'being attacked by him was like being savaged by a dead sheep'), seem competent. Laugh
In Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting the message of reconciliation to us. 2 Cor. 5:19. Love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Pet.4:8b.

Last edited by:

rdrcofe: Aug 21, 2019, 1:20 AM
Quote Reply
Hi Jay and Angela.

How are things going? Will we see a new look and website format at Praize soon?

Just hoping all is well.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
Hi Jay and Angela.

Can you give us an update on the site work for Praize, please.

Hope all is well with you and your family. I know too well that all times are busy times and all seasons are full up to the brim with activities and duties, but I was hoping you could let us know how things are going.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
Sorry we have not replied. We have been downloading the whole site and making sure we don't lose your active conversations. We were hoping to have a basic move done by the 15th but we hit a technical issue and just got that fixed. The while site is moving to a new server and platform. So taking longer than we wished. We are building the site then will point you all there. Don't want you guys to experience any down time.
Quote Reply
Okay, wonderful! Smile

Thanks for replying. Looking forward to your new site. If you are anything like my family, there is a list that only keeps growing no matter how much gets done.

Heavy sigh...

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
Lol... With homeschooling 6 kids, having 5 adult kids and running our businesses, there is always something. But it is all a blessing!
Quote Reply
LOL

I sometimes refer to it all as joyful chaos.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
Jeanne and all of the Praize Community,

I want to thank you for your patience while we have been working diligently to move the site to a new server, new look and new securities. It is looking like the move will be soon. BUT we did find that we will not be able to bring all the forum content. The moment the site is pointed to the new site you will lose your conversations here. I know in one way that is good because we will lose all the junk posts that have been placed. But on the other hand, you guys have had great conversations amongst yourself like the "end times" posts LOL I know you guys will be able to pick back up and start filling the site back with great topics for the world to read about. I have faith in the amazing community and that you guys are going to help it grow to a million followers!!!! Let's have fun while helping a lot of people together!

Yes Jeanne - I agree with the Joyful Chaos! I think I actually LOVE Joyful Chaos. I wonder if that makes me crazyCrazy
Jay & Angela Smull
The Not So Smull Family!!!!!
Quote Reply
Good to see you! Smile

Thanks for the update. Most of our conversations are nearly over before they have begun, as Chris and I know each other so well. Laugh

Mostly, I just wanted to bring something to the attention of any, who may be interested in finding out about different points of view, and the short video gave interesting insight into how statistics may be manipulated to produce any desired effect.

Okay...I am not going to look up the affect/effect business, again. I think I have it correct, but I am probably wrong. Smile

Over the years, I have saved some of the more interesting discussions and my blog, plus the few of us left have each others private email addresses...so we will just await the transformation and hope to get the forums going again.

Thanks for being a not so Smull family. America needs more like you.

-Jeanne